Kit List for Scouts
The kit list should give an idea for everything Scouts might need for meetings, camps and hiking. This information is purely a guideline, if you are unsure on what to bring to an event, please contact the event leader.
General Kit List
- Full Uniform – To be worn at all meetings and when travelling to and from events, unless otherwise stated.
- Record Book and Pen.
- Waterproofs & Torch (if appropriate)
Camping Kit List
- Rucksack/Holdall – Packed by the Scout
- Sleeping Bag, ideally packed with waterproof ‘stuff bag’. Available from camping stores.
- Roll mat, inflatable types are longer lasting.
- T Shirts for suitable for muddy activities
- Underwear (one set per day+)
- Socks (one pair per day+)
- Wash Kit (toothbrush, soap, flannel, deodorant etc)
- Trainers/Hard wearing footwear (steel toe caps needed for axe & saw work)
- Cutlery, including plate, bowl and mug.
- Water Bottle
- Drying Cloth
- Bag suitable for used clothing
Hiking Kit List
- Day bag (20L)
- Waterproofs (jacket and trousers)
- Strong trousers – cord, tracksuits or cotton/polyester combats.
- Fleece or similar warm coat
- Walking shoes suitable for hill walking (worn in beforehand)
- Torch & spare batteries
- Personal First Aid Kit, sun cream included
- Gloves, warm hat, sun hat (depending on conditions)
- Cutlery, including plate, bowl and mug. (only if required)
- Water Bottle (at least 1 Litre)
- Food as appropriate for event. e.g, lunch, snack etc
- Survival Bag (orange bag)
All personal belongings should be marked with name or initials. The group cannot be responsible for items lost or damaged by Scouts.
If you are unsure on where you can buy some of these items, camping stores such as Go Outdoors are a great resource for most Scout equipment.
Items NOT permitted at camp/meetings
- Jeans / Denim (easily get wet and then remain cold)
- Radios, Disc / MP3 Players etc
- Electronic Games / Consoles
- Mobile Phones – unless stated